Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Home Is Where Your Orchard Is.


I love london. I'd even go so far as to say that i'm in love with london. But, no matter what city i'm in, i can never wait to get back home whenever it is that i'm going there. The other day my mom sent me a picture of apples from our orchard and excitedly told me about how she'd used them to make a huge batch of applesauce, and how our dog had rolled around in all the rotten apples that had fallen on the ground, and it made me yearn for autumn on the east coast. There's nothing like it, there's nothing that will ever compare to it. There will be new things, sure sure, but autumn in bucks county is one of the most glorious things there is. Leaves change from bright green to golds and reds, then fall on the ground and they crunch and swirl around your feet, the farms all advertise their apple cider, and orchards and pumpkin patches, your cheeks get rosy when you step outside for a walk, everything is warmer and cozier and home is homier.

No comments: